More than 100 years of good delicatessen connected to family tradition and land.
Ever since 4 generations kept growing and evolving the company until today. The situation of the region, its climate and its environment have been decisive for this land to be able to proudly bear a traditional seal of high quality sausages that nowadays is still a referent all over Europe.
Espina family has been offering top quality cold meats for more than a century, based on the wisdom and technological modernization of industrial processes.
Today Embutidos Espina is present in the main European markets, and is certified with the most demanding IFS and BRC standards for quality and food safety.
Most relevant dates
- 1911. Espina settles in Vic and inaugurates a canning and Iberian spicy sausages factory all marketed under the brand name Santa Ana.
- 1930. With the new brand name A.Espina, the company keeps gaining peninsular market by taking advantage of the expanding railway networks.
- 1975. Inauguration of the new factory specialising in cooked ham.
- 1980. Miquel Espina y Juli Espina develop phosphate-free cooked ham. The company updates for its entry into the EEC.
- 1990. Juli Espina internationalises the company and promotes a new slicing plant.
- 2011. Our centenary with new technology and the global market ahead.
In commemoration of the 100 years of “Embotits Espina” the book was published: Embotits Espina 1911 - 2011. 100 years.
The history of a century-old family business connected to a land, a culture and a country.
Texts by Santi Ponce i Vivet
The University of Vic